Cheers! It’s finally 2017!
I really am so happy that I can finally say goodbye to 2016 already. It had been such a crazy year. You may disagree with me on this, but I find that most of us, when asked to think about the “defining moments” of 2016, tend remember the bad ones first. I, personally, am guilty of this. However, despite those memories, we should still keep in mind that 2016 was not all that bad. There will always be a thousand and more reasons to still be thankful and be able to look back on 2016 with a smile and a happy heart.
Normally, I would be rambling on about my plans for the following year, but right now I feel like looking back first before anything else.
So what happened the past year?
- I interned, and was faced with the big question of what path I wanted to take on after graduating. Honestly, I still do not have an answer even after all those nights of trying to figure it out.
- I got sucked into the KDrama addiction. Definitely not complaining!
- I met and interacted with people I wish I had in my life sooner. At the same time, I realized that there are some that are better off let go.
- I had the privilege of living with the Aetas from Tarlac for 3 days, an eye-opening and humbling experience where I got to interact with a lot of incredible and loving people.
- I experienced failure and had the opportunity of really testing and pushing myself to get back up and prove everyone wrong. (Spoiler alert: I did.)
I also feel like doing a round up of the things that made me happy in 2016. Let’s surround ourselves with the positive, people!
- Colourpop Lippie Stix in Brink
- Maybelline HyperSharp Wing Eyeliner
- Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara
- Shiseido Luminizing Satin Face Colour in RD103
- AOA Wonder Blender
- Kimi no Na wa
- The Girl Who Leapt Through Time
- Me Before You
- Train to Busan
- Pinnochio (Kdrama)
- Healer (Kdrama)
- Orange (Anime)
- Gilmore Girls
- Kamisama Hajimemashita (Anime)
- Titan Tyra
- Jess and Gabriel
- Leslie Castillo
- The Chippery
- Amare by Chef Chris
That’s all I could think of right now, and time check: it’s 2:39AM.
Also, to be honest, I have not thought of my plans for 2017 yet. I have been such a bum lately, but I would probably share it here as well.
Anyway, I hope you had (or will have) a great time celebrating the new year with your loved ones! Happy 2017!